As a small business owner, I‘m always looking for ways to stretch my budget and reinvest back into growing my company. Scoring free Amazon gift cards allows me to offset many ordinary business expenses while saving my cash for other investments.
In this comprehensive guide, I‘ll share 24 methods entrepreneurs can use to earn free Amazon credit, along with my tips for maximizing your rewards.
Taking online surveys is one of the most popular ways to earn free Amazon cards. Here are the best options specifically for entrepreneurs:
- High payout rate – I average $10 per hour in Amazon credit
- Screening filters ensure you qualify for each survey
- Huge variety of survey topics so you won‘t get bored
Earning Potential: ~$100 per month
- Surveys tailored specifically for business owners
- Provides useful consumer insights for your market
- Donate earnings to charity if you wish
Earning Potential: ~$50 per month
- One of the oldest and most trusted survey panels
- Targets small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Topics often relate to ecommerce and online businesses
Earning Potential: ~$75 per month
Taking online surveys not only earns you free Amazon cash, but also provides valuable consumer insights that can help you improve and grow your business.
Cash Back Sites and Browser Extensions
Another simple way for entrepreneurs to earn Amazon credit is by shopping through cashback portals and using browser extensions.
- Get up to 40% cash back at office supply stores like Staples and Office Depot
- Big quarterly payouts from their Bonus Club rewards program
Average business savings: $150 back for every $500 in supplies
- Finds coupon codes and cashback offers for 50,000+ online stores
- Big savings potential on packaging, shipping, and inventory
- Helped me save over $700 last year as a Prime member!
- High bonus cashback rates during seasonal "boosts"
- Offset big expenses like trade show fees and conference costs
- Found me 12% cash back at Eventbrite last month
Automatically earning cash back is an easy way for busy entrepreneurs, like myself, to reinvest back into our businesses with the purchases we‘d make anyway.
If you have an existing social media presence for your business, you can earn free gift cards for tweets, posts, and shares about certain brands. Here are two great options:
- Post brand content to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- Use affiliate links in your website and email newsletters
- $100 in Amazon cards for 25 social posts per month
- Financial services company aimed at entrepreneurs/investors
- $50 in Amazon credit for each new user referred
- Additional $25 per social media share
Leveraging your marketing efforts already in place is an easy way to double-dip and earn Amazon rewards too.
Refer Other Entrepreneurs
Many services offer generous referral programs just for convincing other entrepreneurs to use their platform.
- Get a $100 Amazon Gift Card for each new QuickBooks user you refer
- Ideal for referring fellow business owners seeking accounting/invoicing software
- Popular workplace communication platform
- $100 in Amazon credit for each new paid team you refer
- Great for those with remote teams, contractors, and clients
- Leading email marketing platform
- $25 in Amazon cards per referral leading to a new MailChimp account
- Have an existing email list? Refer them to MailChimp as well!
Reaching out to business partners, freelancers, agencies, and contractors you work with is an easy way to earn free Amazon cards from referral programs.
Develop Apps and Skills
Entrepreneurs with specialized skills like programming and web development can also earn Amazon rewards for their work.
Amazon Developer Rewards
- Earn money from apps published in the Amazon Appstore
- Payments options include direct bank transfers or Amazon credit
Amazon Alexa Skills
- Create custom voice apps for Alexa devices
- Make money when customers access premium content
- Freelance services marketplace
- Offer your services like graphic design, writing, development etc.
- Set your own pricing and deliver through Fiverr platform
- Get paid in Amazon cards by setting this account preference
Leveraging your expertise by creating apps and offering freelance services gives you the flexibility to work from anywhere while earning Amazon credits.
Users Testing Websites
If you have expertise in analyzing user experience and journeys for websites and apps, you can get paid to provide your feedback.
- Get paid to visit websites and record your screen/voice
- Share feedback on site navigation, ease of checkout, feature use etc
- Testing sessions average 20 minutes for $10 reward
- Test prototypes of apps and websites
- Provide comments on usability and first impressions
- typical earning of $8 – $15 per 20 minute video review
- Short 5-10 minute tests of specific site pages
- Quickly point out any issues or areas for improvement
- Earn $5 – $10 per test video
Conducting user tests is an easy way to practice your user experience skills while earning Amazon credits quickly on your own schedule.
Beyond just taking surveys and shopping through cashback portals, entrepreneurs can score free Amazon gift cards through:
- Getting the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card and using it to pay for any business expenses
- Downloading mobile apps that reward you for completing sign-up bonuses and referring friends
- Testing new products from major brands though campaigns on ProductReportCard and providing your feedback
- Using printing services like PrintsOfLove to get personal and promotional materials made for your business
- Trading in used electronics, books, and other items lying around your house and office on Amazon Trade-In
- Following entrepreneurial leaders and influencers on Instagram and participating in any Amazon giveaways they host
- Finding small gigs like data processing, transcription work, design templates etc on freelance sites to earn extra cash
Final Tips for Success
Scoring free Amazon gift cards does require some commitment of either your time, skills, or shopping habits. But once up and running, these methods can offset many common expenses entrepreneurs encounter.
Based on my own experience, here are my top tips:
- Take advantage of sign-up bonuses – These are easiest to quickly maximize earnings
- Install cash back browser extensions – It takes seconds to set up
- Refer friends already using the products – Better conversion likelihood
- Set a monthly goal for earnings – Target gift cards for specific needs
- Use 2-3 methods consistently – Allows sufficient gift card accrual
I hope this guide gives you plenty of ideas on how to reinvest back into your startup! Let me know which methods worked best for your business.