As a small business owner, finding ways to manage your business finances and make convenient online purchases for your company can be a challenge. Using prepaid gift cards like Vanilla Visa cards for buying items on Amazon can be a great solution.
This comprehensive guide will provide tips and step-by-step instructions tailored for small business owners on how to easily use Vanilla gift cards for your Amazon purchases.
A Small Business Owner‘s Guide to Vanilla Gift Cards
Vanilla gift cards, issued by InComm Financial Services, are prepaid Visa cards that can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. They provide an affordable and convenient way for small businesses to make online purchases without linking your bank account or credit cards directly to vendor accounts.
Some key advantages for small businesses include:
- Set spending limits: Vanilla cards are available in preset amounts ranging from $20-$500, allowing you to limit spending.
- Avoid overspending: Since the cards are prepaid, you can only spend up to the card‘s balance, helping control costs.
- Make large purchases: Vanilla gift cards can be registered for amounts up to $5,000 for big purchases.
- Easy to acquire: Find Vanilla cards at over 150,000 retailers nationally or purchase directly on the Vanilla Visa website.
- Minimal fees: The only fee is an initial $4.95-$6.95 activation fee depending on the card value. There are no monthly fees.
Vanilla Gift Card Quick Facts
Setting Up Your Amazon Business Account
To use your Vanilla gift card on Amazon, you‘ll first need an Amazon business account:
- Go to Amazon.com and click on "Create your Amazon account" under "New to Amazon?".
- Choose the "Amazon Business" option and fill in your business name, email, password, and other details.
- Complete the verification process by entering your business information like address, tax ID number, etc.
- Add users to your business account for any employees that need access.
Tip: Enable two-factor authentication for added security.
Once your Amazon Business account is created, add your business address under "Shipping addresses" and your Vanilla card under "Payment methods."
Adding Your Vanilla Card to Amazon
Adding your activated Vanilla gift card to Amazon takes just a few minutes:
- Under "Payment methods", click Add a credit or debit card.
- Enter the 16-digit card number, expiration date, and CVV security code from the back of your Vanilla card.
- Be sure to select Visa as the card type.
- Click Add your card.
It may take 1-2 days for Amazon to verify the card before it can be used. You‘ll receive a confirmation email when ready.
- Double check card number, expiration, and CVV were entered correctly.
- Make sure the card is activated by calling or visiting the Vanilla website.
- Enter the registered business name and billing address exactly as set up with the card.
- Contact Vanilla or Amazon customer service for help adding the card.
Making Amazon Purchases with Your Vanilla Card
When your Vanilla gift card is successfully set up on your Amazon Business account, you can easily use it to make purchases:
- Add items to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- On the payment page, select your Vanilla Visa card under "Payment Method."
- Enter the 3-digit security code when prompted.
- Complete your order.
If your Vanilla balance won‘t cover the full purchase amount, you can split the payment between your gift card and another payment method like a business credit card.
Tips for Visa Vanilla Card Users
- Check your balance before every purchase. Declined transactions can occur if the card balance is insufficient.
- Track your balance and remaining funds. Vanilla provides balance alerts or you can call to check.
- Contact Vanilla about making large purchases over $1,000, which may require balance verification.
- Reload your card with more funds as needed by purchasing another Vanilla card.
Reloading Your Amazon Balance
One of the most convenient features is using your Vanilla card to reload your Amazon gift card balance for future purchases:
- Under "Payment methods" click Reload your balance.
- Choose the amount between $5-$2,000 to add to your Amazon account.
- Select Debit Card or Credit Card and input your Vanilla card details.
- Complete the transaction.
Your Amazon balance will update instantly so you can continue shopping for your business needs on Amazon while easily managing your budgets and spending.
You can also set up automatic reloads to add funds to your Amazon account on an ongoing basis directly from your Vanilla card by specifying a recurring amount and frequency.
Get the Most from Your Vanilla Card
- Use it for regular, recurring small business purchases to simplify budgeting.
- Take advantage of Amazon‘s Business Prime program for free shipping.
- Dedicate a specific Vanilla card just for Amazon purchases to easily track spending.
- Check balances frequently and set up text or email alerts to avoid declined transactions.
- Consider linking the card to payment automation apps like Bill.com to streamline purchasing.
As a small business owner, using prepaid Vanilla gift cards on Amazon can simplify your ecommerce purchases, improve spending control, and provide peace of mind. Follow this guide to start unlocking the benefits for your business needs and budget today.