Selling photos and videos of your feet online has exploded in popularity as a side hustle. Once viewed as a strange niche, the feet pic market is now estimated to be worth over $1 billion globally. As a small business consultant who has helped many entrepreneurs launch successful online ventures, I‘ve seen firsthand how selling feet pics can be an extremely lucrative endeavor if approached thoughtfully.
In this comprehensive guide, I‘ll share my best tips and hard-won advice for starting your own feet pic business from scratch. Whether you‘re simply looking to earn some extra cash or aspire to make thousands each month as a full-time foot model, this guide will teach you how to sell your feet pics safely, smartly, and profitably.
Should You Become a Foot Model?
Before jumping into feet modeling, take some time to reflect honestly on whether it‘s the right move for you:
- Are you truly comfortable publicly sharing intimate photos of your feet? This is not a decision to take lightly. Selling feet pics means knowingly exposing parts of your body to strangers and facing potential judgment from friends and family.
- Are you willing to invest consistent time and effort? Building a successful feet pic business requires dedication. You‘ll need to regularly take high-quality photos, communicate with fans, promote yourself, fulfill orders, and manage your brand. Top foot models spend 20+ hours a week on their business.
- Can you handle navigating occasional stigma? Even as feet modeling becomes more mainstream, you may still encounter negative assumptions or discrimination. Consider how you‘ll respond to judgment about your career choice.
- Do you have the proper equipment? Quality photos require a decent camera and lighting setup. Be ready to spend at least $200-$300 on starter equipment. Many models invest $1,000+.
If you weighed the pros and cons and feel ready to give feet modeling a try, read on to learn how to maximize your chances of success.
Step-by-Step Guide to Selling Feet Pics
Follow these steps to launch your own lucrative feet pic business:
1. Create Anonymous Accounts
- Stay completely anonymous for your safety. Never share personal details like your name, location, employer, school, etc.
- Make new email and social media accounts dedicated solely to your foot modeling. Avoid connecting these accounts to your real identity in any way.
- Do not show identifying details in photos. Crop out tattoos, birthmarks, background details that could reveal who you are.
- Use an anonymous payment processor like PayPal or CashApp rather than directly sharing your bank account details.
Staying anonymous protects you from stalkers, lets you keep your foot modeling separate from your personal life, and gives you full control over when, how, and with whom you share your real identity.
2. Learn Photography & Invest in Equipment
Great photos are key to success in the feet pic market. Invest time and money into properly setting up your at-home "studio":
- Take a basic photography course to learn composition, lighting, editing basics, and more. Look for a class specifically on nude or boudoir photography for useful tips.
- Get a DSLR camera – expect to spend $500-$1500 for a quality model. Better yet, borrow one from a photographer friend to test it out before buying.
- Light your photos well. Add continuous LED light panels ($50-$200) and daylight bulbs to eliminate shadows. Ring lights ($50-$150) also help.
- Buy backdrops & props to make your pics visually appealing. Try fabrics, colored paper, flowers, jewelry, etc. Check thrift and craft stores for budget options.
- Edit your photos to perfect color, brightness, cropping, etc. Invest in Photoshop or use free software like GIMP.
High-quality, well-lit, professionally edited photos allow you to charge higher prices.
3. Pick Your Niche
There‘s a feet niche for everyone. Consider your unique feet features, interests, and talents to decide what you‘ll specialize in:
- Bare feet – classic simple feet pics focusing on toes, arches, soles
- Shoes/heels – accentuate your feet in stylish shoes and high heels
- Dirty feet – appeal to mud, dirt, and mess fetishes
- Giantess – make your feet seem huge next to tiny objects
- Foot domination – stomping, crushing, kicking for domination lovers
- Toes – spotlight your toes by spreading, wiggling, scrunching
- Wrinkled soles – show off wrinkles on your soles and feet
- Small feet – cater to those attracted to tiny, petite feet
- Athletic feet – highlight strong, fit feet as an athlete
Pick 1-2 niches that play to your unique feet features and interests. Specializing makes you stand out.
4. Build Your Portfolio
- Take at least 20 high-quality photos catered to your niche(s) to start your portfolio. Show feet from multiple angles.
- Optimize photos for each platform. Crop images appropriately for Instagram vs OnlyFans, for example.
- Write detailed captions highlighting your specialty. Include relevant niche hashtags.
- Show some personality! Let your captions reflect your personal brand and style.
A diverse portfolio showcases your range and gives fans a preview of your content.
5. Market Yourself Across Platforms
- Leverage targeted social media. Post portfolio samples on Instagram and Twitter using niche feet hashtags. Engage with potential fans.
- Promote on foot fetish forums like WikiFeet and Soles of Silk. Read forum rules carefully before posting.
- List your photos on modeling sites like ModelHub and IsMyGirl. These let fans buy your content directly.
- Consider launching your own website to sell feet pics & videos. This requires more work but earns the highest profits.
- Advertise on clips sites like iWantClips and Clips4Sale. You keep ~80% of video sales.
- Sell feet sexting sessions on Snapchat Premium, Kik, Telegram, etc. Price per minute or session.
Diversify your marketing across multiple platforms and apps to maximize your reach and revenue.
6. Price Your Content Strategically
As a new model, it‘s smart to research current rates across platforms to find the sweet spot between underpricing and overpricing:
- Individual photos – $5-$20 per pic
- Photo sets – $20-$60 per set of 5-20 pics
- Monthly subscriptions – $20-$100 per month for exclusive content
- Custom videos – $5-$20 per minute, depending on requests
- Worn socks or shoes – $20-$100 per pair depending on wear
- Sexting/chat sessions – $1-$5 per minute depending on intimacy level
Don‘t be afraid to start on the lower end as you build your brand. You can always raise prices over time as you gain a loyal fanbase.
7. Require Payment Upfront
- Only accept payment through trusted processors like PayPal, CashApp, Venmo, or the platform‘s built-in payment system. Never give out your banking details.
- Always receive payment before sending any exclusive content. Make fans pay first to access your photos, videos, sexting sessions, etc.
- Clearly state your policies upfront to avoid misunderstandings. For example, "Payment upfront required. No refunds on custom content."
- Save all conversations as proof in case you need to contest a disputed payment.
Requiring upfront payment protects you from nonpayment and allows you to run your biz safely and professionally.
8. Learn Best Practices for Safety
- Use watermarks on promotional pics to prevent piracy. Remove for paid content.
- Blur out tattoos/birthmarks and edit out any identifiable surroundings.
- Disable GPS metadata on your camera and smartphone to prevent tracking.
- Research sites‘ safety practices before joining. Seek platforms that screen clients and offer protections.
- Block suspicious users swiftly. Report underage users and illegal requests.
- Consult experienced models to learn how they handle security and privacy.
Make safety your top priority. Take precautions to protect your privacy and prevent stalking or harassment.
Growing Your Feet Modeling Brand & Earnings
Once you‘ve built a foundation, focus on elevating your brand and maximizing your profit:
- Engage top fans by responding to comments, offering special rewards and content, and building real relationships. Your regulars will become your bread and butter.
- Offer diverse content and extras. Expand your offerings with worn items, video chats, sexting, rate/review services, etc. Upsell wherever you can.
- Post consistently, at least 5x a week, to stay top of mind with subscribers. Create a content calendar to organize your shoots and uploads.
- Run promotions and sales – discounted subscriptions around holidays, specialized bundles, free gifts for top spenders, etc.
- Monitor feet pic trends and adjust your style accordingly. Lean into rising niches and popular requests.
- Collaborate with fellow models by promoting each other, creating joint accounts, and split-testing tactics.
- Provide amazing customer service. Reply quickly, fulfill orders promptly, resolve issues thoroughly. A great reputation keeps fans loyal.
- Reinvest earnings into better equipment, new footwear/jewelry, photo editing software, website upgrades, advertising, etc.
By consistently improving your content, marketing, and operations, you can grow your feet pic side hustle into a full-time income. Many top foot models now earn over $5,000 per month by tapping into this demand.
My Feet Modeling Success Tips
As a business consultant who has helped dozens of clients successfully launch and grow online ventures, I have a few additional feet modeling best practices to share:
- Invest heavily in high-quality photos from day one. This gives you a major edge over amateur smartphone pics.
- Find your niche, but stay somewhat flexible. Cater your brand to your niche while also responding to broader market trends.
- Interact constantly with your fans. Building real relationships and trust leads to long-term supporters.
- Don‘t quit your day job immediately. Give yourself 6+ months to test the market and earn steady income before going full-time.
- Outsource tasks like editing photos, customer service, and social media help when you start earning enough.
- Save all your conversations and payments. This protects you in case of disputes and provides helpful data.
- Have fun with it! Your passion and enthusiasm will come through and excite your fans.
Selling feet pics can be extremely lucrative if you start out smart, stay vigilant about safety, and constantly improve your brand. I wish you the best of luck tapping into this huge market and building the feet modeling business of your dreams!