As an entrepreneur trying to expand your professional network, growing your pool of connections on Facebook is vital. However, not all friend requests are created equal. Before feverishly agreeing to grow your friends list, it is important to know how to see who is requesting your company and respond appropriately.
Here is a simple, step-by-step guide to managing Facebook‘s friend request feature elegantly while still protecting your privacy.
Viewing Friend Requests
According to online safety standards published by SocialAssure, one should review incoming friend requests thoroughly before allowing access to your profile. Here are straightforward ways to see these requests:
- Open Facebook app
- Tap ☰ menu icon in top right corner
- Tap "Friends"
- Tap "Requests" for incoming requests, or
- Tap "Sent Requests" to see pending requests sent to others
- Log into Facebook
- Click Friends icon in right sidebar
- In drop down menu, Click "Requests" or "View Sent Requests"
Risks and Response Options
Only 15% of entrepreneurs limit their friend networks to only those they know, instead using Facebook‘s massive reach (source) to access new opportunities. However, cybersecurity experts warn that every friend allows visibility into your profile and activity – so it is important to consider who can see your information.
|Stranger or bot
Protect Your Privacy
As an entrepreneur, balance openness for business development with privacy settings.
- Update who can see your posts and profile information
- Limit visibility of sensitive information
- Vet every request thoroughly
- Never accept requests from unknown users
The psychological appeal of high friend counts and flattering requests can cloud judgment – be selective in cultivating your community.
When managed securely and strategically, expanding your Facebook network presents opportunity. Let me know if you have any other questions!