As a small business owner, who you connect with on social media matters. While Snapchat can help you engage with customers in a fun, casual way, you may find your friend list cluttered with irrelevant connections over time. Pruning your Snapchat friends can help streamline your outreach and messaging.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk through how to delete friends on Snapchat step-by-step, along with expert advice for entrepreneurs looking to curate an intentional professional network.
Why Entrepreneurs Should Carefully Curate Their Snapchat Friends
The average Snapchat user has 145 friends on the platform. But as a business owner, less can often be more when it comes to nurturing connections. Here are some key benefits of regularly pruning your Snapchat friend list:
- Targeted messaging: Promoting content, deals, and events to a niche group of followers makes your messaging more relevant and drives higher engagement.
- Brand control: Limiting connections reduces the risk of someone posting comments or content that clash with your brand image.
- Higher visibility: With a refined friend group, your content and messaging is more likely to be seen instead of getting drowned out.
|Friend List Size
|Average Daily Story Views
As this table shows, smaller friend lists can translate to higher visibility and engagement on Snapchat.
Step-by-Step Guide to Deleting Connections
Ready to declutter your friend list? Here is a detailed walkthrough on removing Snapchat friends:
Access Your Friend List
- Open the Snapchat app and tap your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Scroll down on your profile page to view your full friend list. It may take a moment to load if you have lots of friends.
Delete a Friend
- Press and hold on the name of the friend you want to remove.
- Tap "More" from the menu that appears.
- Select "Remove Friend."
- Confirm you want to delete the friend by tapping "Remove" again.
That‘s it! The friend will instantly be removed from your connections.
Add Them Back
Accidentally deleted someone? Re-add them through Snapchat‘s search tool:
- Tap the magnifying glass icon on the camera screen.
- Type in the friend‘s username or name.
- Tap "Add Friend" if they appear in search results.
You can also scan their Snapcode if you still have it saved.
Expert Tips for Curating Your Snapchat Friends
As an entrepreneurship consultant, I recommend taking a thoughtful approach to crafting your Snapchat friend community. Here are my top tips:
- Audit your list quarterly – Regularly review connections and remove inactive friends or irrelevant followers.
- Segment friends – Create custom Snapchat groups based on preferences to target content. For example, group loyal customers separately from general followers.
- Sync selectively – When syncing contacts, only add those you want to engage with regularly versus adding all.
- Leverage analytics – Review Snapchat analytics to see which friends engage most to prioritize your outreach.
- Use privacy settings – Limit your story views and incoming messages to preferred friends only.
With some strategic pruning and segmentation, you can transform Snapchat into a focused engagement channel that gives your business an edge.
Managing your Snapchat friend list can directly impact your messaging and visibility as a business. To delete connections on Snapchat:
- Access your friend list from your profile by scrolling down
- Tap and hold on the name of the friend to remove
- Select "Remove Friend" to delete them
Periodically pruning inactive friends helps concentrate your outreach. And leveraging Snapchat‘s group and privacy tools allows you to engage select audiences.
By being intentional about who you connect with, Snapchat can become a valuable platform for small businesses to drive awareness and sales.