The 10 Best Conditioners You Can Buy at Walmart in 2024

A quality conditioner is a must-have in any hair care arsenal. The right formula can make all the difference in your hair‘s health, appearance, and manageability. But with countless options lining the haircare aisle, finding your perfect match can feel like a daunting task – especially if you‘re trying to stick to a budget.

Luckily, Walmart carries an impressive selection of conditioners to suit every hair type, texture, and concern imaginable. Whether your strands are prone to dryness and breakage or you‘re looking to define your natural curls, there‘s an affordable solution waiting for you on Walmart‘s shelves. To help you navigate the options and make the best choice for your unique hair needs, we‘ve rounded up the top 10 conditioners you can buy at Walmart in 2024.

But first, let‘s discuss what exactly makes a high-quality conditioner and how to choose the ideal formula for you. A good conditioner should do more than just make your hair feel soft and smooth in the shower. According to Healthline, the primary purpose of conditioner is to replenish the moisture and nutrients that are stripped away by shampooing, heat styling, coloring, and other forms of damage.

Key ingredients to look for include:

• Humectants like glycerin and panthenol, which attract moisture
  • Emollients such as shea butter, coconut oil, and argan oil to smooth and soften strands
  • Proteins like keratin and silk amino acids to fortify weak, brittle hair
  • Botanical oils and extracts to nourish and protect against damage

When browsing conditioners, it‘s also important to consider your hair‘s porosity, which refers to its ability to absorb and retain moisture. High porosity hair has gaps and holes in the cuticle, making it prone to frizz and tangling. Low porosity hair has a tightly bound cuticle layer, so products tend to sit on the surface instead of penetrating the shaft. Knowing your hair porosity can help guide your conditioner choice and application method.

Additionally, those with dry, flaky, or irritated scalps may benefit from a conditioner that contains ingredients like aloe vera, tea tree oil, or peppermint to soothe inflammation and restore balance. And if you have fine or thinning hair, opt for a lightweight formula that won‘t weigh down your strands or cause buildup on the scalp.

Now that you have a better idea of what to look for in a conditioner, let‘s get into our top Walmart picks for every budget and hair type. Note that prices are accurate as of March 2024 and may vary by location.

The 10 Best Conditioners to Buy at Walmart

1. Garnier Whole Blends Honey Treasures Repairing Conditioner

This ultra-nourishing conditioner from Garnier‘s Whole Blends line is ideal for dry, damaged, or chemically treated hair. Enriched with royal jelly, honey, and propolis extract, the creamy formula deeply conditions and helps repair split ends and breakage. With a 4.5-star rating from nearly 1,000 reviews, this affordable pick is a fan-favorite for a reason.
Promising review: "I have very long hair and it tends to get tangled and unmanageable. This conditioner leaves my hair so soft and smooth without weighing it down. And the honey scent is divine! Definitely my new holy grail conditioner."
Price: $4.98 for 12.5 fl oz

2. OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Conditioner

Give flat, lifeless strands a boost with this volumizing conditioner from OGX. Infused with biotin and collagen, the formula plumps each strand and leaves hair looking thicker and fuller after just one use. The sulfate-free conditioner is also great for maintaining the vibrancy of color-treated hair.
Promising review: "I have fine, thin hair and this conditioner really does make a noticeable difference in the volume and thickness of my hair. I love that it doesn‘t leave any residue or heaviness behind. Will definitely repurchase!"
Price: $6.88 for 13 fl oz

3. Maui Moisture Curl Quench Coconut Oil Conditioner

Calling all curly girls! This rich, creamy conditioner from Maui Moisture is a must-try for dry, thirsty curls and coils. Coconut oil, papaya butter, and plumeria extract work together to define, de-frizz, and deeply hydrate curly textures without weighing them down. The tropical scent is just an added bonus.
Promising review: "I have 3B curls that are prone to frizz and dryness. This conditioner has been a game-changer for me. It leaves my curls so soft, bouncy, and defined. I also love that it‘s silicone-free and doesn‘t cause any buildup on my scalp."
Price: $6.97 for 13 fl oz

4. L‘Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate Free Moisture Conditioner

If you have color-treated hair, you know how important it is to use a conditioner that won‘t strip or fade your hue. This sulfate-free option from L‘Oreal‘s EverPure line gently moisturizes and detangles while preserving color vibrancy. Rosemary and juniper extracts also help to purify and rebalance the scalp.
Promising review: "I‘ve been coloring my hair for years and have tried countless conditioners for color-treated hair. This one is by far my favorite. It keeps my color looking fresh and shiny, and doesn‘t cause any irritation on my sensitive scalp. Plus, you can‘t beat the price!"
Price: $6.74 for 8.5 fl oz

5. Marc Anthony Grow Long Super Fast Strength Conditioner

Want to achieve Rapunzel-like lengths? This strengthening conditioner from Marc Anthony can help you get there. Caffeine, ginseng, and vitamin E work together to fortify strands from root to tip, preventing breakage and split ends that can hinder your hair growth goals. The formula also provides heat protection up to 450 degrees.
Promising review: "I‘ve been using this conditioner for about 6 months now and have definitely noticed a difference in the length and overall health of my hair. It feels stronger and I‘m seeing less breakage and shedding. The scent is also really nice and refreshing."
Price: $7.68 for 8.4 fl oz

6. Herbal Essences Bio:Renew Hydrating Coconut Milk Conditioner

Pamper your hair with this tropical-scented conditioner that contains coconut milk, aloe, and sea kelp extract. The nourishing, silicone-free formula hydrates and softens strands while adding a healthy shine. Bonus: The conditioner is also certified cruelty-free by PETA and made with recycled packaging.
Promising review: "I recently switched to this conditioner and am so impressed with the results. My hair has never felt softer or looked shinier. I also love the beachy coconut scent. It‘s like a mini tropical vacation every time I wash my hair!"
Price: $5.94 for 13.5 fl oz

7. OGX Extra Strength Damage Remedy + Coconut Miracle Oil Conditioner

Dealing with severe damage from bleach, heat styling, or chemical treatments? This heavy-duty conditioner from OGX is here to save the day (and your strands). Coconut oil, vanilla bean extract, and essence of tiare help to repair and strengthen even the most ravaged hair, leaving it soft, smooth and healthy-looking.
Promising review: "I have extremely damaged hair from years of bleaching and heat styling. I‘ve tried so many deep conditioners and masks, but this is the only one that has made a noticeable difference in the texture and appearance of my hair. It‘s slowly but surely bringing my locks back to life!"
Price: $8.78 for 13 fl oz

8. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner

For those with textured or natural hair, traditional shampoo can sometimes strip away too much moisture, leading to dryness and breakage. That‘s where co-washing, or washing with conditioner only, can help. This creamy cleansing conditioner from Pantene gently lifts away dirt and buildup while intensely moisturizing curls and coils.
Promising review: "As someone with 4C natural hair, I was a bit skeptical about co-washing at first. But this conditioner has completely won me over. It leaves my hair feeling clean but not stripped, and my curls are so much more defined and moisturized. I‘ve even noticed less shedding since I started using it."
Price: $5.48 for 15 fl oz

9. Love Beauty And Planet Sulfate-Free Smooth and Serene Conditioner

Give your hair and the planet some love with this eco-conscious conditioner that‘s formulated with organic argan oil and lavender. The sulfate-free formula gently smoothes and softens unruly locks while leaving behind a calming, spa-like scent. The packaging is also made with 100% recycled materials.
Promising review: "I have thick, frizzy hair and this conditioner works wonders for taming flyaways and adding shine. I also really appreciate the brand‘s commitment to sustainability. It feels good to use a product that‘s not only effective, but also environmentally friendly."
Price: $6.94 for 13.5 fl oz

10. TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Conditioner

If you want salon-quality results at a drugstore price, look no further than this TRESemmé conditioner infused with keratin and marula oil. The formula works to smooth frizz, enhance shine, and protect against humidity for up to 72 hours. Your strands will be left feeling silky soft and looking polished.
Promising review: "I have thick, wavy hair that‘s prone to frizz, especially in humid weather. This conditioner has been a total game-changer for me. It leaves my hair feeling so smooth and sleek, and I‘ve noticed significantly less frizz and flyaways. It‘s quickly become a staple in my haircare routine."
Price: $3.97 for 22 fl oz

Conclusion

With so many great options available at Walmart, there‘s no reason to settle for a subpar conditioner. Whether you‘re looking to quench dry curls, strengthen damaged strands, or boost limp locks, there‘s a formula out there that can help you achieve your healthiest hair yet.

By taking factors like your hair type, porosity, and specific concerns into account, you‘ll be well on your way to finding your conditioner soulmate. And remember, while the right products can certainly help, healthy hair starts from within. Be sure to supplement your haircare routine with a balanced diet, plenty of water, and regular trims to keep your strands looking and feeling their best.