The Complete Guide to Sharing Your Amazon Wish List

As a small business owner, I know how tricky it can be to help friends and family buy you the perfect gift. No one wants to end up with a pile of sweaters and gift cards that just don‘t spark joy. That‘s why I always share my Amazon Wish List for any gift-giving occasion.

After years of using wish lists, I‘ve discovered tons of tips and tricks to make the most of this handy gift registry tool. In this comprehensive guide, I‘ll walk you through everything you need to know to create, add items to, and share your own Amazon Wish List.

Why You Should Share an Amazon Wish List

First, let‘s look at why taking the time to create an Amazon Wish List is so worthwhile:

• Prevents duplicate gifts: Nothing is more awkward than opening the same book or gadget from three different people. A shared wish list lets everyone see what you‘ve already been given.
  • Gets you stuff you‘ll actually use: No more pointless dust-collecting gifts. With a wish list, you add exactly what you want. Last year, 95% of the gifts I received were from my list!
  • Lets people buy within their budget: A list with options at all price points lets each giver pick what they can comfortably afford.
  • Works for any occasion: Wish lists aren‘t just for birthdays and holidays. I use mine for new baby registries, weddings, anniversaries, and more.
  • Easy to update and share: You can tweak your list year-round and send it out in seconds when needed.

According to an Amazon survey, 62% of users shared their wish list for their wedding – and they overwhelmingly recommended the practice to others. Wish lists really do make celebrating more joyful!

Step-by-Step Instructions to Create Your Wish List

Ready to get started on your own Amazon Wish List? Just follow these simple steps:

1. Sign into Your Amazon Account

Naturally, the first thing you‘ll need to do is sign in to your Amazon account. If you don‘t already have one, take a minute to create your free account now.

2. Navigate to "Your Lists"

Once signed in, you‘ll see the "Accounts & Lists" dropdown in the top right. Click this, then select "Your Lists" from the menu.

3. Click "Create a List"

On the Your Lists page, click the orange "Create a List" button to make your new Wish List.

4. Name Your Wish List

In the pop-up window, give your list a name like "Jen‘s Birthday Gifts." You can always change this later.

5. Choose Privacy Settings

Decide if you want your list to be public or private. If public, anyone can see it.

6. Add an Optional Description

Get creative and describe the list purpose, like "To make my 35th birthday the best yet!"

7. Select a List Type

The default is "Wish List" but you can choose others like Wedding or Baby Registry.

8. Hit "Create List"

Review all settings and hit the "Create List" button. Your new Wish List is ready to fill up!

How to Add Items to Your Amazon Wish List

Your empty Wish List won‘t be much help yet. Let‘s add some gift ideas:

1. Search or Browse for an Item

Either search for a specific item or browse categories until you find something you want.

2. Click "Add to List"

On the item‘s product page, click the "Add to List" button to add it to your Wish List.

3. Select Which List to Add it To

A dropdown will appear. Choose the list you want to add the item to.

4. Pick Quantity and Priority

Select how many you want and how important this gift is to you.

5. Add Any Notes

Optional: Include sizing, color, or other preferences in the notes section.

6. Hit "Add to List"

Review everything looks right and click "Add to List" to finish adding the item.

Repeat for each and every gift idea you want to add. There‘s no limit, so go wild!

How to Share Your Amazon Wish List with Anyone

When your list is full of all your wildest gift dreams, it‘s time to share it!

1. Go to Your Wish List Page

In "Your Lists", click on your new Wish List to open it.

2. Click "Share"

In the top right, click the "Share" button next to the list name.

3. Choose Your Sharing Method

Pick how you want to share: email, text, social media, or copy link.

4. Customize Your Message

If emailing or texting, customize the message recipients will receive.

5. Send Your List!

Double check the recipients are right and hit send. Your list is shared!

You can always share your list again later by sending a new email or copying the link. Super easy!

Extra Wish List Tips and Tricks

To really get the most out of your Amazon Wish List, keep these pro tips in mind:

• Break your list into categories like Books, Clothes, Electronics to help givers browse.
  • Update it year-round as your interests change so it‘s ready for the next occasion.
  • Mark gifts as purchased when you receive them so others know.
  • Make gifts for kids private so they don‘t see and spoil the surprise.
  • Add lots of options at every price point so givers can pick within their budget.
  • Thank givers by letting them know when you‘ve received their gift.
  • Share again if an occasion comes up to remind people your list is there.
  • Have a list going for birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, and more so you‘re always prepared!

As a busy entrepreneur and mom, I‘ve gotten so much use out of my Amazon Wish Lists over the years. I hope these tips help you create wish lists that make celebrating easier, less stressful, and more joyful for you and your loved ones too. Just remember – the more details you add, the better gifts you‘ll get!