Hello friend, let‘s discuss how to monetize your skills by selling online courses

The demand for online learning has exploded in recent times. According to Global Market Insights, the global e-learning market size crossed $250 billion in 2020 growing at over 8% CAGR .

The COVID-19 pandemic has further accelerated digital education adoption, with 77% learners keen to continue online learning due to flexibility and cost savings as per HolonIQ.

Clearly, it is an exciting time to become an online educator and coach!

But first, let me introduce myself.

I am an online security expert with over 10 years of experience training IT professionals and public on privacy awareness online. Learning tools have always fascinated me.

So if you have in-demand skills or experiences to share, I‘ll guide you through:

• * Creating profitable online courses
  • * Using LearnWorlds platform to host and sell your training
  • * Tips to develop spellbinding course content that converts

Let‘s get started, shall we?

Why create online courses?

Beyond the immense market opportunity, selling online education offers unique benefits:

Location independence

You have global reach to students without geographical limitations. A yoga teacher in India can train students in Canada via online video portal.

Flexible work

Create courses at your pace without restricting office schedules. You can design life on your own terms.

Residual income

Your digital course inventory doesn‘t deplete. Courses you create once can generate automated income for years.

Authority branding

Teaching specialized skills establishes thought leadership positioning you as an influencer.

The incentives are clear. Now let me guide you through the step-by-step process of creating a profitable online course.

How to create an online course

Follow these steps used by bestselling educators on Udemy and Simplilearn:

Step 1: Pick a high-demand niche

Choosing the right topic ensures your efforts get rewarded.

Review trending course topics on platforms like Udemy, LinkedIn Learning and edX to understand learner interests.

Business, design, programming and workplace skills see consistent appetite.

Besides market viability, assess your expertise depth. Courses based on your real-world experience add more credibility.

Step 2: Set measurable goals

Define what learners can achieve by course completion. Setting objectives provides direction and clarity.

For instance, my privacy awareness course promises to:

• Learn 10+ tactics used by cyber criminals
  • Detect and prevent identity theft
  • Secure personal data and internet activity

Step 3: Blueprint course outline

Structure your course into organized sections around sub-topics for better flow.

Short videos focused on specific concepts sustain attention better than monotonous lectures.

Map modules to initial objectives to remind learners of outcomes.

Step 4: Develop compelling content

This step is key to engaging your students. Use multimedia formats like text, images, videos, slides, audio and infographics.

Follow my tips shared later for creating binge-worthy training content.

Step 5: Add assessments

Reinforce learning with pop quizzes, coding exercises, excel tests whatever suits your discipline.

Certify subject mastery through scores or completion certificates.

Step 6: Market your online course

Post your course on your website or platforms like Udemy, LinkedIn Learning.

Promote through social media, email sequences, SEO to driveenrollments.

Now that you know how to create an online course, let‘s see how LearnWorlds helps you publish and sell your training.

How LearnWorlds helps you sell online courses

While you can opt to host courses on LinkedIn Learning or Udemy‘s marketplace, using your own platform gives more control and revenue share.

This is where LearnWorlds comes in.

learnworlds logo

LearnWorlds enables coaching institutes, professionals and universities to easily sell & deliver online courses without complexities.

It equips you with versatile capabilities – from simplified course creation to secured payment processing and marketing automation.

Over 500K+ course sellers leverage LearnWorlds globally including MasterClass, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence and leading healthcare universities.

Let‘s understand key benefits of using LearnWorlds:

Custom branded portal

Get your dedicated coaching website with your brand identity and domain name to directly sell courses. Maintain full data ownership.

Simplified course authoring

Intuitive drag-and-drop builder to create interactive courses across video, text, audio, quiz formats quickly without coding skills.

Marketing tools

Drive more enrollments for your training leveraging email sequences, affiliate programs, promotion coupons and sales funnels.

Secured payments

Accept global payments directly using 100+ payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal. No need for complex merchant accounts.

Private community

Foster rich peer interaction among your students via private forums on your coaching portal.

Mobile access

Ensure your students can learn on-the-go with mobile and tablet compatible course delivery.

Let‘s now get into the meaty stuff – how to develop spellbinding course content!

Tips to create killer online course content

Your actual course content makes or breaks learning experience and determines enrollments.

Here are techniques I‘ve perfected over years of designing privacy awareness training programs:

Modular structure

Break course into organized sections focused around sub-topics like password security, online scams, kids‘ safety etc.

Short videos crystallize ideas better than monotonous lectures. Reasonable complexity progression sustains interest and helps cement concepts systematically.

Make it visual

Text-laden walls are dull. Use relevant images, infographics, animations and demonstration videos to engage various learner types retaining focus.

Interactive elements

Promote active learning through pop-up recall questions, live polls, prompts for reflections and guided discussions. Hyperlinked sections enable deeper discovery.

Community forums

Don‘t isolate students. Enable peer interaction via private forums for richer ideation, collaborations, feedback and troubleshooting beyond your course.

Reward progress

Celebrate progress milestones by unlocking badges, points and ranks fueling a spirit of friendly competition. Bit-sized accomplishments keep motivation high.

So that sums up my top tips for developing magnetic online course content! Let‘s now check LearnWorlds pricing.

LearnWorlds pricing plans revealed

LearnWorlds offers flexible plans suitable for educators or businesses selling online courses.

LearnWorlds pricing plans

It starts with a free forever plan to try it out without commitment.

Their paid tiers are affordable and come with 30-day moneyback guarantee allowing risk-free experience.

Some highlights:

• Starter Plan – $24/month billed yearly. Ideal for new educators to start selling courses.

• Pro Plan – $79/month billed yearly. More features like advanced quizzes, multi-instructors and priority support.

• Enterprise plans – For specialized needs of universities and corporations. Fully customized.

Volume discounts available on annual plans helping you save money. You get to keep 97% of sales revenue.

Success stories of people selling online courses using LearnWorlds

Thousands of experts globally use LearnWorlds to sell their online courses seamlessly.

Let me share inspiring stories of people monetizing their niche skills:

person images selling online courses

Health coach helps gym owners

Cristy Code Redmon leverages LearnWorlds to train fitness professionals on scaling their business using online coaching programs.

Over 1200+ health coaches certified on her signature program to launch and market personal training services digitally.

Mixology bartender builds global class

Nick Fisher teaches specialized cocktail techniques to bars, hotels and event caterers via his premium LearnWorlds portal.

The course covers molecular mixology, food pairings, tools and hundreds of unique drink recipes for hospitality success.

Child sleep trainer helps parents

Christine Stevens assists sleep deprived parents through customized video sleep training programs on LearnWorlds.

Her gentle approach shares step-by-step methods to improve infant and toddler sleep cycles based on their age.

As you can see, industry experts are able monetize niche skills by selling online education through LearnWorlds given its versatile capabilities.

Now you too can unlock your income potential similarly.

Final words

Selling online courses allows you to enjoy location freedom while earning by sharing your knowledge at scale.

LearnWorlds gives you the right e-learning platform to create and market interactive courses successfully.

With powerful features for content authoring, secured payments, email marketing and community forums – it streamlines your coaching portal set up.

Compelling course content keeps learners glued progressing them to mastery ensuring student success and satisfaction.

So my friend, what are you waiting for? Sign up with LearnWorlds to start monetizing your skills online!

The internet makes the whole world your classroom. Share your wisdom far and wide!