OnlyFans has exploded in popularity, giving social media influencers a platform to monetize their audience in new ways. According to OnlyFans, over 1 million creators have earned more than $3 billion on the platform.
As a small business consultant who has worked with influencers, I‘ve seen OnlyFans become an increasingly strategic part of many creators‘ income diversification plans.
Let‘s look at 7 of the biggest influencers finding immense success on OnlyFans while also growing their followings on other social platforms.
Mia Khalifa – The Reformed Adult Star
After retiring from the adult film industry in 2015, Mia Khalifa rehabilitated her image by building a large following on TikTok. She posts comedy sketches and lifestyle content to entertain her 29 million TikTok followers.
Khalifa also leverages OnlyFans to monetize her reformed brand. She earns over $10 million per year on OnlyFans by offering exclusive – often X-rated – content to her most loyal supporters. With subscription prices starting at $12.99 per month, OnlyFans provides a major revenue stream.
- 29 million TikTok followers
- 8.9 million Instagram followers
- $10+ million per year earned on OnlyFans
As Khalifa has said, "Having platforms like Patreon and OnlyFans give me control over my own content and decide what I feel safest putting out for the public to see."
Bella Thorne – From Disney Star to OnlyFans Queen
Former Disney Channel star Bella Thorne caused a major stir when she joined OnlyFans in 2020. She earned $1 million in her first 24 hours on the platform.
Thorne capitalized on her transition from family-friendly child star to edgy adult influencer. She constantly makes headlines for her OnlyFans content and for dating controversial figures like rapper Mod Sun.
- 25.4 million Instagram followers
- $1 million earned on OnlyFans in 24 hours
- Charges $20 per month for OnlyFans access
Thorne has proven that influencers don‘t have to rely on YouTube or Instagram sponsorships. OnlyFans provides a lucrative way to monetize your audience directly.
Cardi B – The Hip Hop Icon Breaking Records
Cardi B is one of the most influential rappers on the planet, with over 100 million Instagram followers. She unexpectedly joined OnlyFans in 2020 and now offers exclusive content for $4.99 per month.
While Cardi doesn‘t rely on OnlyFans earnings, she still raked in $1 million on her first day on the platform. She broke OnlyFans records without even actively promoting her page, proving the power of her brand.
- 102 million Instagram followers
- Over $1 million earned on OnlyFans in 24 hours
- Earned $28 million in 2020 even without touring
Cardi has normalized OnlyFans for mainstream celebs. As she told Ellen DeGeneres, “*I feel empowered…because I do feel like the male rappers that get so much praise when they speak on their p and their hs, why can’t I?"
Blac Chyna – The Video Vixen Turned Entrepreneur
Blac Chyna gained fame as a video vixen, starring in hip hop music videos. She transformed herself into an entrepreneur with branded beauty products and merchandise.
Chyna joined OnlyFans in 2020 and typically charges $50 per month for access to racier content. While she‘s faced some controversy, Chyna continues growing her OnlyFans empire.
- 16.6 million Instagram followers
- Launched her Lashed cosmetics line in 2014
- Brings in over $20k per month on OnlyFans
As Chyna has said, "I feel like it’s positive, and I’m all about being positive. I’m in control of my content. I have 100% control over it."
Gabbie Hanna – The Triple Threat YouTube Star
Gabbie Hanna first found fame through her viral comedy skits and parody songs on YouTube. Since then, she has evolved into a confessional vlogger and pop singer-songwriter with multiple albums.
Hanna joined OnlyFans in 2019 as another outlet for her over 5 million YouTube subscribers. She posts lingerie photos, cosplay, and personal content for $9.99 per month.
- 5.54 million YouTube subscribers
- 2.6 million TikTok followers
- $9.99 per month OnlyFans subscription
As Hanna told BuzzFeed News, "Showing my body makes me feel powerful. I don’t do it for men. I do it for me."
Tana Mongeau – The Controversial YouTuber
Tana Mongeau has over 5.5 million YouTube subscribers where she posts storytime videos and vlogs. However, she has also faced backlash for events like TanaCon – her failed YouTube convention.
Mongeau uses OnlyFans as another outlet for her wild, unfiltered persona. Subscribers pay $25 per month for nude photos and explicit videos.
- 5.5 million YouTube subscribers
- 4.8 million Instagram followers
- $25 per month for OnlyFans access
As Mongeau says, "I wanted to take back control over my body and sexuality and reclaim my power as a creator."
Rubi Rose – The Rapper Turned OnlyFans Model
Rubi Rose began as an Instagram model before launching a successful rap career with hits like "Big Mouth." She collaborated with rappers like Lil Pump.
Beyond music, Rose created an OnlyFans where she charges fans $25 per month for provocative photos and videos. She controls how she monetizes her sex appeal.
- 2.3 million Instagram followers
- Has earned over $1 million from OnlyFans
- $25 per month OnlyFans subscription
As Rose told XXL Mag, “I make six figures every month off of OnlyFans. So just imagine what I made my first month, from showing just a little bit of skin.”
- Top influencers from YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram are leveraging OnlyFans to take control of their brands.
- OnlyFans offers influencers a way to earn significant income directly from their loyal supporter base.
- Mainstream celebrities are normalizing using OnlyFans to own their sexuality and monetize it.
- Influencers treat OnlyFans as a strategic part of their income diversification, not a last resort.
- With the right brand and following, OnlyFans creates immense monetization opportunities.
As an influencer marketing consultant, I highly recommend OnlyFans to qualify influencers as part of a smart online income strategy. Just ensure your personal brand aligns with the platform to achieve sustainable success.