As a small business owner trying to build your brand on Facebook, you may occasionally need to resurrect old posts by unhiding them. But in 2023, how you manage hidden content requires some extra care.
Outdated promotions or contact info that gets unhidden can confuse followers. And Facebook‘s algorithm favors current, engaging posts.
Here‘s my comprehensive guide to successfully unhiding Facebook posts this year. I‘ll cover how to:
- Strategically unhide old posts as a small business
- Follow step-by-step unhiding instructions
- Keep your content updated after unhiding
- Use this feature as part of your Facebook marketing strategy
Let‘s dig in!
The Pros and Cons of Unhiding Old Posts
Bringing back an old post can be great for recirculating evergreen content. But as a small business, you need to be cautious.
- Increase engagement when followers see "new" content
- Promote timeless offers, advice, etc. again
- No need to re-create content
- Outdated info like sales or contact details confuses followers
- Facebook‘s algorithm favors recent, popular posts
- Old content may not fit your current brand messaging
With the risks in mind, unhiding old content should be strategic. For example, a DIY tutorial or feel-good quote might be fine years later. But an expired coupon code needs an update before reposting.
Step-by-Step Guide to Unhide a Post
Facebook makes it easy to find and restore hidden posts. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to your profile page
- Click the Activity Log from the menu
- Select "Hidden from Timeline" under Filters
- Click the post‘s three-dot icon
- Choose "Show on Timeline"
On Mobile App
- Go to your profile
- Tap the three-line menu
- Select "Activity Log"
- Tap "Filters" then "Hidden from Timeline"
- Tap the post‘s three-dot icon
- Choose "Show on Timeline"
Here‘s a screenshot example:[insert screenshot demonstrating unhiding post process]
And voila! Your post will now be public on your timeline again.
Keeping Content Updated After Unhiding
You‘ve just unhidden a fantastic Facebook post. But it was originally shared 6 months ago – so how do you keep the content fresh?
Here are a few tips:
- Edit the post: Quickly update any outdated details like dates or promotions.
- Add a comment: Explicitly mention the post is a "Throwback Thursday" or rerun piece of content.
- Rotate frequently: Don‘t over-rely on the same old posts. Mix in new content.
- Delete if necessary: If a post is badly outdated, go ahead and delete it instead.
- Review regularly: Check your hidden posts every 2-3 months for reuse potential.
Keeping your content and messaging consistent will make the biggest impression on followers.
Using This Feature Strategically
Post hiding can be an impactful tool for small business marketing on Facebook. Here are a few strategic applications:
- Showcase evergreen content: Unhide your top performing posts that will engage followers just as much today.
- Resurface seasonal posts: Bring back holiday promotions, events, and special products.
- Manage negative feedback: Temporarily hide a post with lots of complaints, and address issues before unhiding.
- Take a break: Hide content during vacation to prevent complaints about slow replies.
- Pause outdated info: Hide posts you need to update like contact info or links.
Get the most mileage from stellar posts while also responding to changing business needs.
As a small business owner, you can utilize Facebook‘s unhide feature to get more value from your content this year. But be wary of unintentionally confusing your audience with outdated information.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to easily find and restore hidden posts – just keep them updated! Used strategically, unhiding old content can increase engagement and showcase your best work at the right times.