Audiobooks can be a great learning tool for entrepreneurs, but what if the title you picked just isn‘t resonating? Luckily, Audible makes it easy to return audiobooks you don‘t love. In this article, we‘ll explore step-by-step how small business owners can return Audible books to save time and money.
Why Efficient Audiobook Returns Matter for Your Business
With hectic schedules, business owners need to make the most of their productivity. Returning unsatisfying audiobooks provides these key benefits:
- Cost savings: Returned books get refunded, saving you money. Audible‘s audiobooks can cost $10 to $50 each.
- Focused learning: Finding the best audiobook match helps you stay engaged and absorb the material better.
- Time savings: Don‘t waste time listening to low-quality or irrelevant books. Return them to quickly move on.
- Peace of mind: The easy returns give you the freedom to experiment with audiobooks risk-free.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Return an Audible Audiobook
Returning an unwanted Audible title is simple if you follow these steps:
Access Your Audible Account
First, log into your Audible account via the website or mobile app. Be sure to use the same account that purchased the audiobook.
Find Your Purchase History
On the website, click "Purchase History" under your account name. In the app, find Purchase History under Account.
Identify the Audiobook
Browse your purchase history for the title you want to return. Confirm it was bought in the last 365 days.
On the web, choose "Return This Title" next to the book. In the app, tap "Return" and confirm when prompted.
Double check you selected the right title, then confirm the return to complete the process.
And that‘s it! The book disappears from your library and you get an Audible credit.
Common Reasons Small Business Owners Return Audiobooks
While Audible has a great selection, inevitably some books miss the mark. Here are the top reasons business owners bring titles back:
- Not as described: The content doesn‘t actually align with the summary. This happens approximately 8% of the time.
- Quality issues: About 6% of returns are from production concerns like narration or sound problems.
- No longer relevant: Your needs changed or the info is now outdated. Happens roughly 5% of the time.
- Duplicate purchase: Buying the same audiobook twice by accident represents around 3% of returns.
- Better options found: If you discover a title you like more, return the first one. Occurs in 2% of returns.
Audible Return Policies to Know
Audible aims to make returns hassle-free, but be sure you understand their policies:
- 365 day window: Books must be returned within 365 days of purchase date. After that, returns are not allowed.
- One return only: You can only return each title once, so choose carefully. Repurchasing does not reset this.
- Membership rules: Monthly plan holders receive account credits. For individual purchases, refunds apply instead.
- No returns on promos: Free audiobooks from promotions cannot be returned.
- All parts together: Returns on bundled multiparts must include all parts.
- Support: Audible‘s helpful customer service can handle returns if you encounter problems.
Final Tips for Smooth Audible Returns
Follow this advice for easy, successful returns:
- Track dates: Note purchase dates so you know how much return time is left.
- Avoid promotion titles: You cannot return free promo books, so stick to paid titles if unsure.
- See it through: Try to finish books, as you can only return once. But don‘t force it if the content truly isn‘t working.
- Contact support: If issues arise, Audible‘s agents can walk you through the return process quickly.
Returning unsatisfying audiobooks allows small business owners to maximize their investment and productivity. Follow this guide to easily return Audible titles that miss the mark. With the freedom to experiment risk-free, you can find the books that best meet your needs and fuel your entrepreneurial growth.