As an entrepreneurship advisor with years of experience assisting small business growth, I cannot stress enough the importance of properly logging out of your Amazon account after each session – especially when accessing Amazon on public or shared devices.
Allow me to walk you, step-by-step, through the most secure methods to log out of Amazon across all your devices. By following these best practices, you can protect your account access and prevent costly security breaches impacting your business.
Logging Out on Desktop
When accessing Amazon on a Windows or MacOS computer, here are the recommended steps to ensure you fully log out of your account:
Using the Amazon Website
- Navigate to Amazon.com and ensure you see your name and account details on-screen, indicating an active session
- Hover over the "Account & Lists" dropdown menu in the top right corner
- Select the "Sign Out" option at the very bottom of the menu
- Actively check that your name and account details no longer appear, confirming you are now securely logged out
Leveraging the Amazon App for Windows
- Locate and open the Amazon desktop app on your Windows computer
- Click on the "Settings" icon visible in the bottom left corner
- Choose "Security" from the left-side menu
- Click "Sign Out" below the "Sign out of All Devices" section
- Watch the screen to validate your name and account details disappear upon secure logout
A Security Reminder: Logging out via web or app only signs you out on that singular browser or device. To fully secure your account, be sure to log out across all accessed devices – especially public or shared ones.
Logging Out on Mobile
Mobile devices like phones and tablets require a few different steps to securely log out of Amazon.
To sign out on iOS or Android apps:
- Tap open the Amazon app on your device
- Select the hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) in the top left corner
- Scroll down and choose "Settings"
- Tap "Not [Your Name]?" at the very top
- Confirm selection of "Sign Out" to securely log off the mobile app
To log out on the mobile browser version:
- Launch Chrome, Safari, or any browser on your phone
- Navigate to Amazon.com to load the mobile site
- Tap the "Account & Lists" icon displaying in the top right corner
- Scroll down to the very bottom and select "Sign Out”
- Check that your name/account details no longer display atop the screen
Top Security Tip: Also clear your browser history and cookies to remove saved login credentials. Over 30% of consumer security breaches originate on mobile devices.
So be vigilant in logging out of any Amazon apps or websites accessed on your smartphone or tablet. Public Wi-Fi poses particular risks, so avoid accessing sensitive accounts on shared networks.
Following these detailed steps to actively log out of Amazon on all desktop and mobile devices accessed is crucial for protecting your account as a business owner. Restrict account access across the board by deregistering inactive devices fully in your Amazon account settings.
Please feel free to reach out with any other questions on securely managing your Amazon presence. I‘m always happy to help advise small business clients on best practices to reduce security risks. Here‘s to your continued ecommerce growth and success!