As a budding entrepreneur and streamer, I know first-hand the frustration of being limited by Twitch‘s mobile app. But with a simple settings tweak, you can enable the full Twitch desktop experience on your iPhone or Android device.
In this guide, I‘ll show you how to unlock desktop mode for superior streaming, increased income potential, and better engagement with your loyal fans.
The Powerful Benefits of Twitch Desktop Mode
First, let‘s look at why desktop mode is so advantageous for serious streamers:
- Customization and Extensions – Desktop allows access to extensions like BTTV for more emotes, stream overlays, alerts and other customizations. This helps you stand out.
- Revenue Opportunities – Unlock monetization like tipping, ad revenue, subscriptions and merch shops. On average, desktop streams earn 26% more income.
- Maximized Reach – Use cross-platform tools like Restream to go live on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook etc. simultaneously.
- Chat Management – More options for engaging viewers, managing moderation and creating a positive community.
- Performance – The desktop site generally performs better than the mobile app with faster loading and fewer interruptions.
It‘s easy to see why the desktop experience provides a major advantage, especially for channels focused on growth and monetization.
Step-by-Step Guide: Twitch Desktop on Mobile
Ready to go desktop on your phone? Here‘s exactly how:
Enabling Desktop Mode on iPhone
- Open Twitch in your browser (Safari recommended).
- Log into your Twitch account.
- Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner.
- Select "Switch to Desktop App".
That‘s all it takes! The site will now reload in desktop mode.
Enabling Twitch Desktop on Android
- Visit Twitch in your Android browser.
- Log into your Twitch channel.
- Tap the 3 dot menu.
- Tap "Switch to Desktop App".
The Twitch site will switch to desktop view. Easy!
Customizing Your Stream with Extensions
Now that you‘re in desktop mode, let‘s look at some useful extensions to further enhance your channel:
- BTTV – For more emotes, emoji reactions and custom channel emotes.
- StreamElements – For overlays, alerts, chatbots and more.
- Streamloots – Gamifies your channel with loot drops.
Check out the most popular Twitch extensions to find what works for you.
Managing Chat and Viewers in Desktop Mode
Desktop mode unlocks more robust chat management features to keep your community thriving:
- Activate NightBot or Moobot to moderate chat.
- Segment chat with Subscriber Only mode.
- Ban or timeout bad actors.
- Highlight VIPs and loyal regulars.
Proper chat moderation keeps your community feeling welcoming and positive.
Maximizing Revenue with Desktop Features
Let‘s look at how desktop mode maximizes your money-making potential:
- Accept tips and channel subscriptions.
- Run ads to earn revenue.
- Add a merch shelf to sell shirts, mugs and more.
- Promote subscription gifts and bits cheering.
With these money-generating features, it‘s easy to see why so many creators prefer the desktop mode.
The Bottom Line
As an entrepreneur who relies on Twitch to engage my audience and grow my business, the desktop experience is a game changer.
With just a few quick steps, you can access that same powerful desktop mode right from your mobile device. Unlock greater income, customization, and community management wherever you go.
So next time you want that desktop magic on your phone, be sure to enable Twitch‘s desktop mode. Your fans and your wallet will thank you!