As a small business owner, you know the importance of promoting your brand on social media. One creative way to showcase your business‘ personality on Facebook is by adding a song to your company profile.
Why Add Music to Your Business Profile?
- Sets a mood: Choose music that matches your brand image and makes an emotional connection
- Engages visitors: 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual or auditory. Music grabs attention
- Sparks conversation: Followers can comment on the songs you pick, driving engagement
- Shows company culture: Music that aligns with your values helps people understand your mission
For example, an Italian restaurant could add romantic Mediterranean music to complement their brand. Or an edgy startup may prefer adding trending pop songs to seem modern. Get creative in selecting music that fits your niche!
Step-by-Step Guide to Adding a Song
Adding music to your business‘ Facebook profile is simple:
- Open your Facebook page on mobile or desktop
- Click "Edit Page" and select the About tab
- Scroll down and click on Add Music in the Music section
- Search for a song by keywords, artist, album etc. Listen to previews before adding
- Once found, click the + icon to add it
- Click Save to add the song to your public business profile
Repeat steps 3-6 to add multiple songs.
Usage Statistics for Facebook Music
- 32% of brands use music creatively on their Facebook business pages
- Company profiles with music added receive 17% higher engagement
- Followers are 75% more likely to explore profiles with customized music
Copyright Guidelines for Sharing Music
While Facebook‘s music library offers millions of tracks to choose from, not all songs may be licensed for public sharing. To avoid copyright issues:
- Only share short song previews publicly
- Don‘t add full music albums/playlists without artist permission
- Share music privately with a customized friend list instead of publicly if unsure of rights
Consult a legal professional if you need further guidance on music licensing regulations.
Here are some common troubleshooting tips for dealing with music-related issues on Facebook:
Song not appearing publicly: Confirm your privacy settings allow public access to your music activity.
Can‘t find the right song: Try using different keyword combinations as Facebook‘s search functionality has some limitations.
Added song not playing: This is typically caused by an unstable internet connection. Ensure you have reliable WiFi before trying to play music.
Music stops playing suddenly: Facebook limits how long you can play full song previews publicly due to licensing. Share shorter clips or full songs privately with an approved friend list instead.
Adding complementary music conveys your brand personality and boosts engagement. Just be sure to follow copyright regulations. With the right song selection and optimization, this simple customization can take your social media marketing to the next level!