As a small business owner and entrepreneurship consultant, I‘m often asked if upgrading to LinkedIn Premium is worth the investment. With over 530 million members, LinkedIn is the go-to platform for professional networking and opportunities. But is the premium version necessary for success?
In this comprehensive guide, I‘ll break down the pricing, features, and strategic benefits of LinkedIn Premium to help you make the smartest choice.
LinkedIn Premium Plans and Pricing
LinkedIn offers four premium subscription options, each designed for different needs and priced accordingly:
- $29.99/month billed annually
- $34.99/month month-to-month
- Best for active job seekers
- $47.99/month billed annually
- $59.99/month month-to-month
- Best for sales professionals
Sales Navigator Pro
- $64.99/month billed annually
- Targeted to outbound sales professionals
- $99.95/month billed annually
- $119.95/month month-to-month
- For recruiters and hiring managers
The annual subscription prices reflect roughly a 15% discount compared to paying month-to-month.
LinkedIn also offers 30-day free trials so you can experience the features risk-free.
Comparing Key Features and Benefits
The premium plans unlock a suite of additional tools beyond the free version. Here‘s an overview of the most valuable features:
- Send direct messages to any member without connecting first
- Great for reaching recruiters, prospects, and new connections
- See who‘s viewed your profile in the last 90 days
- Identify those interested in you and your company
- Use filters like location, company size, job function
- Surface more targeted, relevant opportunities
- View contact history, mutual connections, profile changes
- Assess contacts and leads with more context
- 15,000+ expert-led courses to build skills
- Invest in yourself and your team
- Understand your earning potential
- Negotiate with confidence backed by data
- Rich analytics on prospects and candidates
- Identify best fits faster
Maximizing the Value of Premium
Here are my top tips for getting the most value from a LinkedIn Premium subscription:
For Job Seekers
- Use InMail to directly reach recruiters at your dream companies
- See who‘s looked at your profile to focus your applications
- Take online courses to gain skills that set you apart
For Sales Professionals
- Utilize lead recommendations and insights to identify ideal prospects
- Craft targeted InMail outreach sequences to generate new business
For Recruiters and Hiring Managers
- Unlock candidate insights to make data-driven hiring decisions
- Manage your talent pipeline with candidate tracking tools
For Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
- Research and connect with potential partners and collaborators
- Stay on top of industry trends and competition
- Promote your brand and attract new followers
By the Numbers: LinkedIn Premium Adoption
According to LinkedIn, premium subscriptions are on the rise:
- Over 8 million members pay for premium access
- Year-over-year growth rate of over 25%
- Top reasons to upgrade are networking, job seeking, and selling
For good reason – premium accounts see increased messaging response rates and connection growth compared to free accounts.
Real-World Success with LinkedIn Premium
Here are just a couple examples from small business clients who have grown with LinkedIn Premium:
- Sarah L., freelance marketer, landed 5 new clients in 6 months using InMail outreach and lead insights.
- Daniel H., recruitment firm owner, made three strategic hires by identifying and contacting passive candidates.
The premium features allow you to cut through the noise and focus your efforts where they‘ll have the greatest impact.
The Bottom Line
At the end of the day, view LinkedIn Premium as an investment in your professional success and earning potential. Depending on your goals, the ability to increase your visibility, find new opportunities, and make meaningful connections can certainly be worth the price.
Evaluate the features that would help you accomplish your objectives and try a free trial to experience the benefits first-hand. With the right strategy, LinkedIn Premium can deliver immense value for any small business owner, entrepreneur or professional.