How to Write Articles You Want To Persuade, Influence & Sell Your Point Of View
When you write articles you want to persuade, influence and sell your point of view to others. So why are your article marketing efforts failing? The answer is simple. You haven’t learned how to apply some basic persuasion secrets to your article writing and marketing efforts.
How to Start Writing Articles That Will Actually Persuade Your Readers
1. Persuasion is an art You want your articles to show reserve and poise. Once you cross the line and do a hard-sell your article body, your readers will think all you really want to do is sell them something. You want to leave them with the impression that you always give more than you expect to receive in return.
2. Powerful persuasion starts with powerful questions Are you asking questions that relate to your readers? Are you asking questions that make them stop, think and respond in terms of you? By asking questions, you are getting your readers to clarify what you want in their minds. Rather than tell them “This is what happened.” ask “Why do you think this happened” or “What made this happen?” It’s a subtle but powerful difference.
3. To persuade prospects, you must overcome skepticism People start out skeptical. They want to know: – What is this? – Why will this work? – Why do you want me to do this? – Why are you asking me? – What are you trying to accomplish? – What will this mean to me? – How will this affect me? – How do I win? Remember, your readers and prospects are more likely to be persuaded if they see how they will win when they follow your lead or see things from your point of view.
4. Without sincerity, you will not persuade anyone to follow you Persuading others has to do with your own conviction coupled with your ability to articulate a believable message. Your article’s message must make sense. And, it must contain an element that allows your readers to feel valued and persuaded. Remember your conviction is part of your prospect’s buy-in. False sincerity shows. And it stinks!
5. Persuading prospects requires the ability to influence others How would you feel if your manner of influence was powerful enough to make your prospects part with their money, change their minds and change their ways? By writing articles, you demonstrate that you have the reputation, character, credibility and stature needed to persuade prospects to take your message seriously. This comes from showing your successful track record combined with your expertise. That’s exactly why I mention within my articles, that I am an About.com Home Business expert guest contributor on article marketing or how I helped Dr. Mark Hyman promote his book to the top of the New York Times Best Sellers List.
6. Persuade prospects by becoming a storyteller Facts and figures are forgotten. Stories are retold over and over again. By telling stories you will make your readers think of their own story. With little effort, now you’ve gotten your readers to convince themselves that you are the expert and they should follow you, join your list and buy your products. Now the question is: How are you going to paint the picture so clearly and vividly in your articles that your readers see the rain and feel the sunshine?
7. Persuading prospects depends on your believability When you write your articles, you want your readers to think, “I get it. I think I can do it. I’m willing to try it.” In other words you want your readers to understand your message, feel comfortable with your message and believe in it enough to take action. So when you’re done writing your articles, review them carefully and ask yourself: – Are you making statements that others can relate to? – Are you making statements that others fin conceivable?
8. Persuasion is preparation Before you write an article that will persuade your readers, you must: – Gather the right information – Create the right questions – Uncover the right hot buttons – and discover how to act on them.
About the Author
Follow my advice above and in my new A to Z Article System and you will write articles that will persuade, inspire, influence and motivate your prospects to take immediate action! By revealing his top secrets to writing articles that sell fast, Article Marketing Expert Eric Gruber has helped of thousands of experts just like you boost traffic, get more leads and increase sales.